- EXTENSIVE WINDOWS SERVER MANAGEMENT BACKGROUND, Installing and configuring servers and setting critical security attributes.
Strong Knowledge of Active Directory with some Exchange Admin. Also have considerable experience with Insight Manager for monitoring servers,
server hardware configuration (mostly HP and Compaq with some Dell and Clarion RAID configuration), logon scripting with KIX scripts, and
experience using Veritas Netbackup.
- EXTENSIVE VB.NET SCRIPTING background with some Python Programming also, Management and configuration of web services and design
Technology Consultant III: Hewlett-Packard (2011-2015)
Computer Systems Analyst II: Northrop Grumman (2000-2010, Northrop Grumman acquired Litton in 2000)
- VB SCRIPTING: Wrote enterprise level server snapshot comparison VB Script. This extensive script, around 7,000 lines, takes a detailed
snapshot of the state of a Wintel server, including items as such as network configuration, BIOS, manufacturer, disk and raid configuration,
anti-virus protection and numerous other OS and hardware features. If any serious issues are found, such as missing or outdated anti-virus,
failed RAID or hard drives, extremely low disk space, etc, an immediate warning will be issued. This same script can then be run again,
presumably after changes have been made to the server, to generate a report of any changes that have been made to the server.
- WROTE NUMEROUS VB SCRIPTS to download and process user account data and server data for inclusion in the Midranges Services Automation Page.
- SQL ADMIN: Maintained MS SQL database of Security Access Controls for the Midranges Services Automation Page.
- PYTHON SCRIPTING: Designed solution to extract job run data from HPSA database using a Python script.
The script searches through the HPSA database for any new script jobs that had been run in the HPSA database, and extract the job run
data from the HPSA system. This data is then be sent to the Midrange Services Automation Page where users could see the results of their runs.
System Administrator II: Litton Systems (1997-2000)
- NT SERVER ADMINISTRATION: Apply security checklist to new servers, configure and maintain production servers
(including Web, Citrix, Application, File and Print), ensuring proper DNS, TCP/IP, and WAN/LAN configuration settings, according to Northrop
Grumman IT standards, apply all relevant security patches and ensure anti-virus protection is properly installed (Norton SAV). Monitor server
performance and event logs. Configure server hardware, RAID / SAN systems, rack mount servers, and connect cables and KVM switch hardware.
Submit change management requests when necessary for server maintenance.
- WEB DEVELOPMENT, WEB SERVER CONFIGURATION: Configured web servers using IIS, ensure proper certificate installation for SSL, setup and
configured FTP sites.
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY ADMIN: Administration of user accounts and groups, account terminations, create/modify user groups
using ADUC and ADSI Edit. Use of AD filters and LDAP scripts (LDIFDE, DSMOD, etc) to modify specific user account attributes
(e.g. clearing Exchange delivery restrictions on all users, using input list to set user mailbox and org code info, etc).
Relocate and remove user accounts. Home folder creation and deletion.
- EXCHANGE ADMIN: Configure Exchange 2000 / 2003 servers, and create and maintain email accounts, distribution lists and public folders.
Disable mailboxes for terminated employees, move mailboxes for employee transfers and add / remove users from Blackberry server, ensure proper SMTP settings.
Participated in Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration.
- WROTE VB script to extract user information from Active Directory to provide various reports for HR.
- DESKTOP SUPPORT: Respond to tickets submitted by customers and troubleshoot customer computers for MS Windows,
MS Office, and ensure proper client access to network and hardware and application installation problems.
- NOVELL: ;nbsp; Performed Novell server installations and administered several Novell servers.
- NOVELL TO NT MIGRATION:;nbsp; Performed all Novell to NT migrations for the Woodland Hills and Northridge Litton facilities.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft
- Certified Novell Engineer 3, Certified Novell Engineer 4,
Certified Novell Admin 4, Novell Education
- Computer Repair Technician, North Valley Occupational Center
- COBOL Business Programming, Los Angeles Urban League Data Processing Training Center
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, California State University, Chico
- Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, California State University, Chico